Thursday, April 1, 2010

Gross

The weather has been lovely lately and I am so excited to be able to let the two big girls outside to play after we come home in the evenings. Last year was pretty good, I could leave them by themselves and check on them often. I thought this year would be much easier. I may be wrong.

Josie & Kylie were outside last night after we got home. I opened up the sandbox for them and got out the sidewalk chalks. Of course, once I went back in, Mallory was ready to eat. I checked on the big girls one more time before sitting down with Mal. So, there I set, feeding Mal in the living room and Kylie comes in. Not sure what she wanted, other than to talk. I sent her back out. She comes in again after about 5 - 10 minutes. I couldn't believe what I saw. The girl had sand all over her clothes (not a big deal since they were playing in the sandpile) and all around her mouth. It looked like she'd just eaten the biggest, messiest chocolate bar (made of sand) in the entire world. Oh, and it was in her mouth, too. I asked her if she ate it and she said yes. Well, not much I could do about it at this point other than wipe off her face and use a Kleenex (that was the closest thing I could find) to wipe all the sand out of her mouth.

As for Josie, when I was ready for her to come inside, she was nowhere to be found. Well, she was out front with the chalks, but I hollered for her multiple times to come in and she never responded. I started having flashbacks of Eric and Ryan walking down the lane to the green tractor at the end of the road. Well, as soon as I went to the front of the house I found her and all was fine.

Thank goodness Mallory is too little to leave outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment